Communicate to Connect
This course enables learning on how to communicate beyond the words and facial expression—from intent and needs, which will result in clarity and connection with self and others.
We communicate with others all the time to get things done, to influence other, to solve problems, to build relationships, to coach, to counsel and to resolve conflicts. Therefore the words we use are very powerful for they can create harmony and connection or anger, submission, guilt and fear. Most of us have unconscious old habits of blame, criticism and tuning off. These habits make it hard for us to connect with ourselves and others especially in situations where having positive connection is crucial.
Therefore it is important for us to have the ability to be clear of our communication intent, express ourselves and listen to others in a way where both parties’ needs are met and a positive connection is developed. A positive connection will help to build trust and harmony.
You will be able to:
- Identify the blocks in communicating with others
- Express observations that are empowering and clear as a starting point for communication
- Differentiate stimulus and cause
- Identify the use of feelings and area of importance to gain clarity in communication
- Enable participants to use self empathy skills effectively
- Express empathy in a supportive way that promotes connection
- Identify strategies that is enriching for both parties
- Express appreciation in a way that connects
The benefits of this course are to enable you to learn to communicate beyond the words and facial expression but from intent and needs which will result in clarity and connection with self and others. This means messages are heard and expressed accurately, relationships are nurtured and trust is built.
- Express themselves in a way that promotes clarity and not from blame
- Handle situations encountered in a more empowering way
- Communicate with others from an enriching space rather than manipulating
- Identify strategies from a space of understanding of cause rather than stimulus
The organization will:
- Have staff that is able to handle work situations better
- Experience Improvement in connection and understanding between departments
- Gain more clarity on strategies that are suggested to solve problems and commitment for action
* For a glimpse of how Compassionate Communication has transformed the way a practitioner relates to others around her, read her brief account here.
- Blocks to Communication
- Stimulus and Cause
- Feelings and Universal Needs that Impact Communication
WHO COULD ATTEND
Suitable for working adults (in areas like customer service, sales, health care, frontline service, management) parents, students (above 18) and those who wish to connect better with self and others.
This program is also beneficial for employee development and can be organised in organizations as in-house sessions.
IMPORTANT Prior registration is required.
TRAINER Choy Boon Ling
EXCHANGE Expenses to enable this workshop to take place have been fully sponsored by WISE.
DATE Sat-Sun, 4 - 5 November 2017, 9:30am - 5pm (2 Days)
VENUE WISE Centre at Kelana Jaya
CONTACT Choy Boon Ling 016-2293699 | Call/SMS 017-2933699
RELATED WORKSHOP Compassionate Communication Study Group